Giyani Land of Blood Watch & Win Competition 2023
1. SABC 2 Giyani Land of Blood Watch & Win Competition 2023 (the “Competition”) will run from Monday, 16 October 2023, till Wednesday, 8 November 2023.
2. The competition doesn’t have a promoter and it will be ran by SABC VE Digital.
3. To be eligible (the “Eligibility Requirements”) to enter, entrants must:
a. be over the age of 18 years old as of 1 January 2023.
b. be a resident of South Africa.
c. entries must be correct.
d. entries must be submitted Everyday after each episode goes on air.
4. Tune-in to Giyani Land Of Blood (SABC2) from Monday, 16 October 2023, till Wednesday, 8 November 2023. Keep an eye on the storyline and answer a question that will pop up on fakebook, twitter, Instagram, threads and tiktok, answer it correctly and stand a chance to win.
5. The following prize/s (the “Prize”) will be awarded by random selection to entrants that correctly submitted answers: Giyani goody bags will be awarded to entrants that entered correctly at least 5 times on the day. (any cost not referred to above, does not form part of the Prize, and will be for the winners own account. The SABC2 shall be responsible for the logistical delivery of all Prizes.
6. By submitting an entry in accordance with clauses 3 and 4 all entrants hereby grant to SABC2 and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royaltyfree, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photographs, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or, or otherwise concerning the Competition, by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. Each entrant further agrees that by submitting an entry to the Competition, they hereby agree to be filmed accepting and fulfilling the Prize , if selected as a winner, and grant to the SABC 2 the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph them at, and in connection with, the fulfilment of any Prize, and acknowledge that the SABC 2 shall own all right and title in and to all such films, tapes, recordings and photographs and shall have the right to distribute all such materials (in whole or in part) worldwide, in perpetuity, via any and all media. SABC 2 shall have the right to use and authorise others to use the entrant’s name, likeness and any biographical facts which may have been provided by the entrant to Promoter in any and all media. Entrants acknowledge and agree that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as the winner of the Prize. Entrants hereby warrant and undertake that they have all rights necessary to make such assignments and grant such rights as set out in this clause. To any extent necessary, all entrants agree that they will at SABC 2’s request, do and execute all further acts, deeds, documents and instruments as SABC 2 may from time to time require for the purposes of giving effect to the operation and/or assignment of rights contained in this clause 5.
7. By entering the competition, entrants confirm that they meet the Eligibility Requirements as laid out in clause 3.
8. Winners will be randomly selected from the correct entries received via SABC2 Social Media platforms. Entrants that have not been contacted by 30 November 2023 should assume their entries unsuccessful.
9. The winners will be contacted personally.
10. The award of the Prize is subject to the consent of the winner; if consent is not given then the winner will be disqualified.
11. If a winner declines a Prize, cannot be contacted timeously, is disqualified for failing to comply with any of the Eligibility Requirements, is not available to travel during dates for the Prize fulfilment as advised by SABC 2, or for any other reason in the SABC 2 ‘s discretion, a further winner will be chosen until all such Prizes are awarded and accepted.
12. The SABC 2 ‘s decision on any matter concerning the Competition, including but not limited to the selection of the Competition winner, and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The SABC 2 and its affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the Prize or any changes to the Prize that may be made at any time.
14. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. For the avoidance of doubt, all entrants acknowledge that once dates for the Prize fulfilment have been set, these dates cannot be changed or deferred by the winner.
15. Employees of the SABC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated and group companies and any other company involved in this Competition, their families and agents, are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. The participant consents to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Courts of South Africa (Gauteng Provincial Division, Pretoria / Gauteng Local Division, Johannesburg), in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the Competition or these terms and conditions.
18. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
19. It is not intended that any provision of these terms and conditions contravenes any provision of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, and therefore all provisions of these terms and conditions must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.
20. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. These terms were last updated on 12 October 2023.